Contact Us


Make a submission to the Federal Housing Advocate about a systemic housing and homelessness issue.

Housing issue?

You might be here because you’re experiencing a housing issue – we’re sorry to hear that this is happening. Please note that the Federal Housing Advocate does not help with individual disputes. People who need help with an individual circumstance will need to go to a Landlord-Tenant Board, human rights commission or other mechanism in their province or territory.

Do you require immediate assistance?

If you are in an emergency situation where you are at risk of harm, please dial 911.

If you are seeking assistance regarding a housing rights dispute or concern, we invite you to contact the United Way 211 service.

211 is a non-emergency helpline for essential social services, community organizations, health and government programs. It helps people navigate these programs and services quickly and easily. 

Their Housing services include: help finding housing, health-related temporary housing, home improvement for accessibility, home ownership, housing expense assistance, tenant and landlord support, legal clinics, and supportive and transitional housing, among others. 

You can visit the 211 website here: 

Date modified: